Friday, June 29, 2012

The Quest to Home-Made Chef!

Hello, Blogging World.

I'm no food connoisseur. I've been a picky eater most of my life. This is definitely not going to be an other worldly food adventure. But something I have always wanted to do is expand my culinary prowess. I can sit and watch the food network for hours. It's amazing to see what some chefs can put together out of simple ingredients.

So, this is my new quest. Become a self-taught "home chef." Here, I'll be posting my baking and cooking adventures, sharing recipes (failed and successful ones, of course), and maybe one day will become skilled enough to call myself a pseudo chef. I don't have 20,000+ to sink into culinary school, so the internet and television will have to do to teach me!

If you've decided to follow me on this adventure, then welcome to the madness. :)

My name is Kristyn, and I am a 26-year old woman who works a full-time job in a large electronics retail store, selling mobile phones and plans all day. I'm also a type 1 diabetic, for 15 years now! Being a diabetic has been a huge part of my food life. Many people have stereotypes about what diabetics CAN'T eat -- no sugar, no fat, no carbohydrates. Most of that is a myth. There's no way we could cut all of that out of my life.... plus, I don't want to! But moderation is the key, as well as smart substitutions. This is something I have struggled with for a long time and I hope that this quest will help me strengthen my resolve in finding a healthier way to eat every day.

Now... on to the food!

No comments:

Post a Comment